BRING YOUR OWN BLANKETS! Best fort gets bragging rights and the grand prize: a shitty bottle of booze. We’re not saying its that bottle of bacon vodka that keeps getting re-gifted to all your friend’s house parties… but it might be that very same bottle.
Onesies, kigurumis and pajamas are encouraged.
Welcome to Game Bang!
…where we play a variety of sexy games while making connections with a variety of sexy people!
Most games at Game Bang! Feature stripping, cuddling, kissing, stroking, and all manner of fun “truth or dare” type aspects. Due to the intimate and vulnerable nature of interacting physically with humans one might not know very well, there are a few extra guidelines we ask you to follow while having fun.
General Guidelines and Etiquette:
1. We want everyone to feel empowered and safe in Sanctuary. To facilitate a comfortable atmosphere, please let us know if you feel uncomfortable. We have a lot of experience and success moving forward through communication and teaching the consent process. Please keep in mind that even the most well-intentioned person can make a mistake around consent.
2. Social dares are not mandatory, and pressuring others to participate is very discouraged.
3. In fact, NO DARE is mandatory. Rules exist to facilitate games and provide opportunities for fun and connection, but are not expected to be followed verbatim. Ask your hosts for suggestions if you don’t feel like doing something as written.
4. Always put power into the hands of the most vulnerable person in any interaction! (Example: “Where would you like to be touched?” instead of “Where can I touch?”)
5. Be mindful of the physical, mental and emotional state of others. Perhaps someone has had a family emergency recently, had a bad day, or are simply feeling extra vulnerable today. Sometimes these things happen during the evening. Just because someone did something once, does not give implied consent in the future.
6. In line with mindfulness, remember that many people on game nights know each other or have met before. If you see an intimate interaction between others where consent is not clearly communicated, it does not give anyone else permission to do the same. Always assume that others have communicated consent. If you have concerns, please bring them to your hosts and they will look into it.
7. Please do not suggest others try things you want them to do. If someone seems confused or needs help on a choice, help them through empowerment. Find out what it is they want and encourage them to do it.
Game Bang is a weekly game night at Sanctuary. Come nerd out with your fellow kinksters. The games will change week to week but will probably include Janky Jenga and Cards Against Humanity. Feel free to bring your own games too!
Only $5. 21+, LGBTQ+, ADA
Sanctuary is located at 33 NW 9th Ave above Splash Bar, enter on 9th.
50 Shades of STFU, Every 4th Thursday
8pm – 1:30am $10 21+
Spank the patriarchy at the hottest femdom party in Portland. Organized by pro-domme and BDSM coach Mistress Viola, 50 Shades of STFU is a kinky play party, social event, and performance venue for fem tops and the individuals who serve and worship them. We aim to create an inclusive space for LGBTQ, pansexual, queer, or straight subs and their fem tops.
- Do not interrupt scenes!
- Do not get too close to play scenes or ask to be involved.
- Always negotiate boundaries before playing!
- Play is encouraged but NEVER expected of anyone.
- Safe, sane, and 100% consensual play only.
- Dungeon Monitors will be present and monitoring all scenes.
- OBEY THE DM’S!
- Aggressive cruising will not be tolerated. Be aware of the space and energy you are taking when you hover or get near a play scene.
- CONSENT CONSENT CONSENT. Do not touch another person or their property without their explicit permission. No means no. Do not get pushy or aggressive. This behavior will be grounds for being asked to leave the club.
- Attendees will not move about the space nude unless part of an active scene.
- No blood play, urine play, hot wax, vomit, scat, fire, knife play, guns, or breathplay. The DMs will end scenes including these actions.
- Attendees will respect the Dungeon Monitors, hostess Mistress Viola, security, and Sanctuary staff and follow the rules and instructions.
- No drugs or outside alcohol allowed.
- No audio or video recording devices are allowed.
- Cell phones may only be used outside or in the outer hallway. NO PHOTOS ALLOWED. If we see you taking photos you will be asked to leave.
- Limit your play scenes to 45 mins as to allow time for others to use the play areas, suspension points and dungeon furniture as there are limited areas.
- Clean furniture and play equipment before and after scenes. There are cleaning supplies provided by the club.
- Do not move play furniture without discussing with DM or Mistress Viola first.
- If you feel someone is misbehaving, being aggressive, or making you or someone else feel uncomfortable, please let the DMs, hostess Mistress Viola or club staff know ASAP and we will do what we can to inform the individual or have them removed.
- Use of the word “safeword” is a call for assistance. DMs and/or other experienced players will intervene and come to your aid when they hear it.
No pressure, low door fee. Win-Win.
$10 – Before 10 p.m.
$20 after 10
Featuring DJ Wiggles
Dress code: be presentable.
Expect to interact.
Value individuality over labels.
Sanctuary is and always will be a safe place for and supporters of the LGBTQ+ community.
Consent is a requirement for play and interaction.
ADA accessible. 21+
You wear short shorts. We wear short shorts. We all wear short shorts.
Prizes to the shortest shorts, the weirdest shorts and best group shorts.
This is a body-positive, all-gender event
$10 in short shorts!
$20 in failure!
$30 in dad jeans.
21+, LGBTQ+, ADA, Enter on Ninth
You wanted all the games. You played all the games.
Lets play games, meet and have fun…
Our hosts will guide you through a safe, playful evening of games including Codeword, Cards Against Humanity, Settlers of Catan, Red Flags, Naughty Jenga, Monkeyspank, etc.
$5 per person
Open to all (21+) in the sex-positive, LGBTQ+ community and their allies.
Sanctuary is located at 33 NW Ninth above Splash Bar, enter on ninth
Come Party it Up w/ me Anna D. for the opening of “Clickbait” ••• my most recent attempt at immortalizing my uniquely beautiful friends in painting form & capturing the modern day Mona Lisa as seen through the omnipresent filter of Social Media 🤳👄🤳
Sanctuary is LGBTQ+, ADA, 21+.
COMPACT – FEMME FUNCTiON
This space celebrates the femmes, fem, feminine, fierce, and the fantasy. Break the binaries and define your boundaries.
PERFORMANCEs: HARLOW QUiNZEL, RiTA LYNN, MEAT WiFE, iDA SUMMER GARDEN
DJs : BUCKMASTER & CHANTi DARLiNG & Hi MAiNTENANCE
HOSTs : ANN PYNE & GLUCOSE BOWERY & JO
$10 cover or bring a new makeup item that will be donated to SMYRC and get in for FREE. Makeup donations in exchange for cover are only accepted till 11pm.
Sanctuary is LGBTQ+, ADA, 21+.
We’re bringing partner dance to Sanctuary! Unlock your pleasure through connected movement! Learn the basics of partner dance and creative expression. Join us in a welcoming, inclusive, and judgement free environment where we will cover the fundamentals of:
-finding the groove
-communication and consent
-relationship between lead and follow
Not only will you learn the foundations of partner dance, but these skills can also be extended to social dynamics and sexual play! Partner Dance:
– is a way to create and build connection, especially when we don’t know how or are afraid to approach someone
– is a great activity for kinky people who want to learn how to lead and follow clearly (masculine/feminine, dom/sub dynamics, not gender specific)
– unlocks pleasure through movement (amazing foreplay!), is a turn on, and is super sexy
– is a great date night (these skills translate into the bedroom!)
– teaches confidence, communication, consent, and connection
– gets you in your body, connected sensually and sexually to yourselves and your partners
$15 at the door (tickets get you entry into the following event!)
No experience necessary. No partner necessary, couples and singles welcome. Lead/Follow not gender specific!
This dance class is trying to be a safer space for POC and LGBTQIA members of the community. Please let us know if you experience discrimination or bigotry of any kind, or if there is anything we can do to create a more welcoming environment
Sanctuary is 21+. LGBTQ+. ADA. Enter on Ninth.