BRING YOUR OWN BLANKETS! Best fort gets bragging rights and the grand prize: a shitty bottle of booze. We’re not saying its that bottle of bacon vodka that keeps getting re-gifted to all your friend’s house parties… but it might be that very same bottle.
Onesies, kigurumis and pajamas are encouraged.
Welcome to Game Bang!
…where we play a variety of sexy games while making connections with a variety of sexy people!
Most games at Game Bang! Feature stripping, cuddling, kissing, stroking, and all manner of fun “truth or dare” type aspects. Due to the intimate and vulnerable nature of interacting physically with humans one might not know very well, there are a few extra guidelines we ask you to follow while having fun.
General Guidelines and Etiquette:
1. We want everyone to feel empowered and safe in Sanctuary. To facilitate a comfortable atmosphere, please let us know if you feel uncomfortable. We have a lot of experience and success moving forward through communication and teaching the consent process. Please keep in mind that even the most well-intentioned person can make a mistake around consent.
2. Social dares are not mandatory, and pressuring others to participate is very discouraged.
3. In fact, NO DARE is mandatory. Rules exist to facilitate games and provide opportunities for fun and connection, but are not expected to be followed verbatim. Ask your hosts for suggestions if you don’t feel like doing something as written.
4. Always put power into the hands of the most vulnerable person in any interaction! (Example: “Where would you like to be touched?” instead of “Where can I touch?”)
5. Be mindful of the physical, mental and emotional state of others. Perhaps someone has had a family emergency recently, had a bad day, or are simply feeling extra vulnerable today. Sometimes these things happen during the evening. Just because someone did something once, does not give implied consent in the future.
6. In line with mindfulness, remember that many people on game nights know each other or have met before. If you see an intimate interaction between others where consent is not clearly communicated, it does not give anyone else permission to do the same. Always assume that others have communicated consent. If you have concerns, please bring them to your hosts and they will look into it.
7. Please do not suggest others try things you want them to do. If someone seems confused or needs help on a choice, help them through empowerment. Find out what it is they want and encourage them to do it.
Game Bang is a weekly game night at Sanctuary. Come nerd out with your fellow kinksters. The games will change week to week but will probably include Janky Jenga and Cards Against Humanity. Feel free to bring your own games too!
Only $5. 21+, LGBTQ+, ADA
Sanctuary is located at 33 NW 9th Ave above Splash Bar, enter on 9th.
50 Shades of STFU, Every 4th Thursday
8pm – 1:30am $10 21+
Spank the patriarchy at the hottest femdom party in Portland. Organized by pro-domme and BDSM coach Mistress Viola, 50 Shades of STFU is a kinky play party, social event, and performance venue for fem tops and the individuals who serve and worship them. We aim to create an inclusive space for LGBTQ, pansexual, queer, or straight subs and their fem tops.
- Do not interrupt scenes!
- Do not get too close to play scenes or ask to be involved.
- Always negotiate boundaries before playing!
- Play is encouraged but NEVER expected of anyone.
- Safe, sane, and 100% consensual play only.
- Dungeon Monitors will be present and monitoring all scenes.
- OBEY THE DM’S!
- Aggressive cruising will not be tolerated. Be aware of the space and energy you are taking when you hover or get near a play scene.
- CONSENT CONSENT CONSENT. Do not touch another person or their property without their explicit permission. No means no. Do not get pushy or aggressive. This behavior will be grounds for being asked to leave the club.
- Attendees will not move about the space nude unless part of an active scene.
- No blood play, urine play, hot wax, vomit, scat, fire, knife play, guns, or breathplay. The DMs will end scenes including these actions.
- Attendees will respect the Dungeon Monitors, hostess Mistress Viola, security, and Sanctuary staff and follow the rules and instructions.
- No drugs or outside alcohol allowed.
- No audio or video recording devices are allowed.
- Cell phones may only be used outside or in the outer hallway. NO PHOTOS ALLOWED. If we see you taking photos you will be asked to leave.
- Limit your play scenes to 45 mins as to allow time for others to use the play areas, suspension points and dungeon furniture as there are limited areas.
- Clean furniture and play equipment before and after scenes. There are cleaning supplies provided by the club.
- Do not move play furniture without discussing with DM or Mistress Viola first.
- If you feel someone is misbehaving, being aggressive, or making you or someone else feel uncomfortable, please let the DMs, hostess Mistress Viola or club staff know ASAP and we will do what we can to inform the individual or have them removed.
- Use of the word “safeword” is a call for assistance. DMs and/or other experienced players will intervene and come to your aid when they hear it.
Greetings Earthlings, sup bitches: it is time to invade Uranus & get all up in your milky way black hole. Tonight we are all gonna cum… in peace. Take us to your leader & take us to your bootyhole. We are going to infinity (and bed, bath) and beyond to blast off into deep deep space. Collect-calling Major Tom: Buckmaster’s ORGY is so Extra(terrestrial).
Aliens from all universes, galaxies, histories, & every single god damn nerdy ass sci-fi movie are going to take over Sanctuary Club for ORGY. Orgy is a monthly event that by definition is “a wild party, especially one involving excessive indulgences & unrestrained sexual activity.” A fetish / filth / freak dance night / ORGY for everybody.
Aliens only! Alien looks are required because aren’t you sick of being human? It’s time for us to shed our mortal flesh prison. Come as your true self, an alien. The amount of alien references/looks is truly out of this world: Martians (my fav martian is Marvin the Martian,) Humanoids, Reptilians, Xenomorphs, Mork, Alf, Ancient Aliens, & so/too much more.
We got zero fucks & zero gravity up at this ORGY. In space no one can hear you scream but at ORGY … everyone can see/hear/taste your cream. Is there life on Mars? Is there life after love? Do you believe? Cause bitch – the truth is out there, you just have to open your eyes & open your legs.
DJ + Host + Alien Queen Sex Fiend Dream : Buckmaster
Diva Dott as E.T.
Phallus Johnson as Ellen Ripley
Hydrangea Strangea as her freaky ass self
with special space cadet guests: Drama Club
Intergalactic Go-Gos: Lo Satanica & Victoria Wolf
$10 before 10pm or $20 after 10pm for Aliens.
$20 before 10pm or $30 after for humans
Area 51 < Area 69
UTI < UFO
Crop Circles < Riding Crops
Close Encounters < Golden Showers
Alien Invasion < Anal Probes
First Saturdays / 9pm to 2am
A Kink and Lifestyle Fetish Night & Play Party
21 & older only
Just $15 per person if thru the door before 10pm or $20 per person later.
A Kink and Lifestyle Fetish Night / Play Party
The party welcomes a mix of both kink and lifestyle (swinger) so can get pretty intimate. All genders and orientations are welcome so long as you are 21 & over with legal ID (there is a bar). Please be respectful & tolerant of different views … if there is any issue, notify a Party Host or Dungeon Monitor.
There are multiple suspension hardpoints, spanking benches, crosses, and other areas available for play or dance to the delicious music – the entire club is open for your enjoyment. While the club allows sex on premises, there is no guarantee of sex! Treat others with kindness & respect and always get enthusiastic consent.
The party is great for the experienced, the curious, exhibitionists, and voyeurs. If interested in learning more about something during the party, ask a Party Host or Dungeon Monitor.
Plan for a crowd and leave toys which require a lot of space (long whips, etc) at home. Because of the diversity of those attending, this party is not appropriate for extreme/edgy kink play. While the party staff works hard to make this a safe space, please play responsibly and think hard before engaging in play that might be overly traumatic if there is an inadvertent interruption. While the club has some limited space for toy bag storage the best plan is to bring just what you expect to use. Please keep scenes to a reasonable duration so that others have a chance to play as well and move aftercare to a couch whenever possible (multiple scenes during the night are fine, so long as you break between each so that others have the opportunity to use the space).
► PARTY RULES ◄
● Don’t be a dick:
■ Treat others with kindness & respect
■ Be a responsible adult
■ Clean up after yourself (cleaning supplies are provided)
■ Don’t be creepy
■ Don’t move furniture
■ Don’t monopolize a play station
● Do not interrupt those who are playing & ask before touching
● NO PERSONAL PHOTOS & NO PHONES – Phones may only be used in the stairway or outside the building
● No weapons (guns/knives/etc)
● No blood/urine/etc
● No fire/wax/etc
● No breath play
● Obey the Dungeon Monitors
► DRESS CODE ◄
▪ ■ █ **DRESS TO IMPRESS!** █ ■ ▪
Attire which will impress:
● Sexy – Lingerie / Body Paint / Mesh
● Fetish – Leather / Latex / PVC / Chainmail / Rope
● Goth / Steampunk
● All Black
– – As Bare As You Dare! – –
Clothing which does not impress:
● Street Clothes – Basic Jeans / T-Shirts / etc
● Work Clothes – Dirty / Torn / etc
● Athletic Wear / Hoodies
● Baseball or Stocking Caps
● Sandals / Flip-flops / Tennis Shoes
► COVER ◄
Just $15 per person if thru the door before 10pm or $20 per person later … there may be a line so plan your arrival accordingly. There is no membership fee at Sanctuary.
** Doors open at 9:00pm, please do not arrive before then as staff are still setting up. **
► PHOTOS ◄
** Personal photography and mobile phones are not allowed at Luv Hurtz. **
We try to have a staff photographer at the party (easily located wearing a Staff Photographer badge on a light-up blue lanyard) – check in with them before you play to get a wristband if you would like photos. Photos are only taken with prior consent (those who have obtained and are wearing a wristband). A couple weeks after the party all photos will be posted to a password protected shared gallery online – the password to the gallery is printed on the wristband for that month’s party.
You wanted all the games. You played all the games.
Lets play games, meet and have fun…
Our hosts will guide you through a safe, playful evening of games including Codeword, Cards Against Humanity, Settlers of Catan, Red Flags, Naughty Jenga, Monkeyspank, etc.
$5 per person
Open to all (21+) in the sex-positive, LGBTQ+ community and their allies.
Sanctuary is located at 33 NW Ninth above Splash Bar, enter on ninth
Join us for Sanctuary’s monthly First Thursday art exhibit, specializing in erotic, psychedelic and playful art.
December gets hot & grimey with ADawg Photo aka Adawg Superhighway aka SPRHWY or as it says on his youtube page: “SPRHWY… totally bitchin… Drifting the SuperNow! …time&space ~ Superhighway”
Adawg around the web:
Instagram: @adawgphoto & @adawgsuperhighway
Sanctuary is 21+, ADA compliant and LGBTQ+
Enter on ninth.
COMPACT – FEMME FUNCTION – 12.6 at Sanctuary Club
This space celebrates the femmes, fem, feminine, fierce, and the fantasy. Break the binaries and define your boundaries.
PERFORMANCEs: ALEXIS CAMPBELL STARR & RITA LYNN
DJs : BUCKMASTER & MIENNE
HOSTs : ANN PYNE & FAUNDAE & RAKEEM & JO
$10 cover. or FREE with new makeup that will be donated to SMYRC!
Makeup donations in exchange for cover are accepted till 11pm.
LGBTQ+, ADA, 21+.
No pressure, low door fee. Win-Win.
$10 – Before 10 p.m.
$20 after 10
Dress code: be presentable.
Expect to interact.
Value individuality over labels.
Sanctuary is and always will be a safe place for and supporters of the LGBTQ+ community.
Consent is a requirement for play and interaction.
ADA accessible. 21+
Laughrodisiac is back this month, and ready to get you in the holiday spirits! We present, with a night of raucous and raunchy musical comedy. Chris and I have procured a lineup of the funniest musical acts in the PNW, along with a few club regulars, and this show is going to be so much fun. Come and see the spectacle and prepare to be entertained by everything from original scores to kinky parodies. There is no other comedy experience, like this event in the PNW!! Come celebrate the darkness of winter with us, We’d love to see you. Bring friends, and maybe you’ll get to open a present after the show!
Tickets :$7 in advance, $10.00 at the door(includes afterparty)
2 drink min.
Door open at 8, show at 8:20
Be there by 9:30 or wait for the afterparty.
Pallavi Gunalan: Pallavi has performed on booked shows at The Comedy Store, The Hollywood Improv, Westside Comedy Theater, Flappers Comedy Club, The Ice House, HaHa Cafe Comedy Club, Seattle’s Comedy Underground, Wiseguys Comedy Club, and the Canvas Laugh Club (Mumbai). She performed vocal skits on Ruby Ibarra‘s hit debut album, Circa91, and has opened for Todd Barry, Preacher Lawson, and many other amazing comedians. She produces Oversharing Comedy, and, as a co-producer of Facial Recognition Comedy, was highlighted in The New York Times and Splitsider and co-hosts the Facial Recognition Comedy Podcast. She has performed at Desi Comedy Festival, SF Sketchfest, Portland Queer Comedy Festival, Pittsburgh Comedy Festival, 208 Comedy Festival, the All Jane Comedy Festival, and on the Kill Tony Podcast, as well as all over the US and India (Pune, Mumbai, and Chennai). In Spring, 2018 she received the Upright Citizens Brigade Diversity Scholarship. She will be performing at the New York Comedy Festival in November. In her spare time, Pallavi is tired. Luckily, she wouldn’t have it any other way.
Belinda Carroll: Belinda is a stand-up comedian, writer and producer living in Portland, Oregon. She is the co-creator and co-director of Portland Queer Comedy Festival.
She has had the great fun of writing for Cracked, PQ Monthly, and Exotic; working with k.d. lang on Portlandia, opening up for Erasure (Andy Bell), and was recently profiled in USA Today in 2018 Faces Of Pride.
Jay Shingle:Jay is a comedy performer, musician & video-maker from Portland, OR. In his live act he combines stand-up comedy , prop comedy , music & character work into a mind-bending display of visceral goodness. He has opened for Creed Bratton and has performed on the David Liebe Hart NW Tour & at High & Low Festival. From living room shows to festival stages , Jay Shingle continues to bring a fresh , unique approach to live comedy performance.
Lydia Manning: Lydia was 1/2 of the comedic hardcore duo, ScremoBase, a band that was once moderately popular at North Buncombe High School–you should check them out on SoundCloud! Now Lydia focuses on stand-up comedy, but has continued aggressively yelling at audiences all over the U.S
Open Mic Gary Busey: Holidazed
Past comedians include Shane Mauss (appearances on Conan O’Brien, HBO and Comedy Central), Caitlin Weyerhaeuser (voted Portland’s funniest comedian 2017), Alex Falcone (voted Portland’s funniest 2018), Mo Mandel (who did a podcast of his experience here) Simon Gibson, Todd Armstrong, Ben Harkins, Milan Patel, Becky Braunstein, Chris Johnson, Dylan Jenkins, The Real Hijinx, Amanda Martin-Tulley, Jake Breslaur and many more!
This is not an open-mic. This is a showcase. Please be respectful of the comedians and keep conversation to a minimum. Hecklers will be pounded.
No one throws a rager like we do. There will be shots. There will be twerking. The only thing missing will be Snoop Dogg (We’re working on that).
Play spaces open. Feel free to use our hard points, spanking bench etc.
Be presentable. Don’t be a dick. Expect to interact.
Sanctuary is and always will be a safe place for and supporters of the LGBTQ+ community.
ADA accessible. 21+.