Game Bang: Pajamas
One event on March 31 2021 at 8:00 pm
One event on April 28 2021 at 8:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 8:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until November 24 2022
General Guidelines and Etiquette:
1. We want everyone to feel empowered and safe in Sanctuary. To facilitate a comfortable atmosphere, please let us know if you feel uncomfortable. We have a lot of experience and success moving forward through communication and teaching the consent process. Please keep in mind that even the most well-intentioned person can make a mistake around consent.
2. Social dares are not mandatory, and pressuring others to participate is very discouraged.
3. In fact, NO DARE is mandatory. Rules exist to facilitate games and provide opportunities for fun and connection, but are not expected to be followed verbatim. Ask your hosts for suggestions if you don’t feel like doing something as written.
4. Always put power into the hands of the most vulnerable person in any interaction! (Example: “Where would you like to be touched?” instead of “Where can I touch?”)
5. Be mindful of the physical, mental and emotional state of others. Perhaps someone has had a family emergency recently, had a bad day, or are simply feeling extra vulnerable today. Sometimes these things happen during the evening. Just because someone did something once, does not give implied consent in the future.
6. In line with mindfulness, remember that many people on game nights know each other or have met before. If you see an intimate interaction between others where consent is not clearly communicated, it does not give anyone else permission to do the same. Always assume that others have communicated consent. If you have concerns, please bring them to your hosts and they will look into it.
7. Please do not suggest others try things you want them to do. If someone seems confused or needs help on a choice, help them through empowerment. Find out what it is they want and encourage them to do it.
Sanctuary is 21+, LGBTQ+, ADA, anti-racism, and celebrates diversity. Enter on Ninth